Communication over Realtime Ethernet for INET Framework (CoRE4INET)
CoRE4INET is an extension to the INET-Framework for the event-based simulation
of real-time Ethernet variants such as AS6802 (time-triggered Ethernet (TTEthernet)) or Ethernet AVB
in the OMNEST/OMNeT++ simulation system.
It was created by the CoRE (Communication over Realtime Ethernet) research group
at the HAW-Hamburg (Hamburg University of Applied Sciences) .
There are several bugfixes and improvements; see the WHATSNEW file.
- For help with the installation see the INSTALL page.
A few useful starting points for browsing the documentation:
If you would like to reference this project please use the following publication:
- Steinbach, H. Dieumo Kenfack, F. Korf, and T. C. Schmidt. An Extension of the OMNeT++ INET Framework for Simulating Real-time Ethernet with High Accuracy. In Proceedings of the 4th International ICST Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques, SIMUTools '11, pages 375-382, ICST, Brussels, Belgium, Belgium, 2011. ICST (Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering). (bibtex)
CoRE4INET was first introduced at the 4th International Workshop on OMNeT++ (2011)
along with the 4th International ICST Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (2011).
You can find the presentation slides here
Since there were changes necessary to support OMNeT++ 4.2 and INET 2.0, CoRE4INET was completely redesigned in the current version. At that time it was called
TTE4INET as it ony contained TTEthernet Models. Later it was renamed CORE4INET (Communication over Realtime Ethernet for INET Framework) to better show that the
model offers implementations vor various real-time Ethernet variants.
The CoRE4INET model is continuously being improved: new parts
are added, bugs are corrected, and so on. We cannot assert that the implementation
will work fully according to the specifications. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE YOURSELF
TO MAKE SURE THAT THE MODELS YOU USE IN YOUR SIMULATIONS WORK CORRECTLY, AND YOU'RE
GETTING VALID RESULTS.
Contributions are highly welcome. Please contact us if you would like to participate!
- Till Steinbach (HAW-Hamburg)
- Hermand Dieumo Kenfack (HAW-Hamburg)
- Fabian Kempf (HAW-Hamburg)
- Lazar Todorov (HAW Hamburg)
- Philipp Meyer (HAW Hamburg)
- Kai-Uwe von Deylen (HAW Hamburg)
- Giancarlo Vasta for finding and reporting bugs
CoRE Research Group
TTEthernet is a registred trademark of TTTech Computertechnik AG (Vienna)
Generated by neddoc.